Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frightened Conservative Anglicans

Well, probably everyone has by now seen the new GAFCONITE website.  And, by extension, the Frightened Conservative Anglican sign up area.  See, here is what I thought, I thought all that was necessary for salvation was 1, to love God with all your heart and soul and mind and 2, to love my neighbor as myself.  On these two statements, hang all the law and the prophets.  Well, strip my gears and call me shiftless, that is no longer true.  Here, from the website is another requirement:

All members are asked to assent to the Jerusalem Declaration and the goals of the FCA as a mandatory step. As an option, you can choose whether you would like to be listed as a GAFCON supporter in any of our publications.

It wasn't enough we have the 39 articles, the 10 commandments, Leviticus, Peter Akinola and Peter Jensen and John David Schofield and of course the inimitable William "I can be in charge wherever I am" Wantland we now have to subscribe to the Jerusalem Declaration AND the goals of the FCA.  And warm up the donuts  'cause I have the OPTION of being listed as a GACON supporter.  Hot damn, Wilma, I can feel it, we're gonna get steak knives if we join the Conealoneialists.

The "eye of the needle" just got a little smaller.  Does that also mean that the 144,000 is now done to about 123,458?

No comments: